1) Art Generates a Love of Learning & Creativity.Art develops a Willingness to explore What has not existed before.Art teaches risk taking, learning from one's mistakes, and being open to other possibilities. Kids who are curious and passionate about knowing more.
2) Art develops the Whole Brain. Art strengthens focus and increases attention, develops hand-eye coordination, requires practice and strategic thinking, and involves interacting with the material world through different tools and art mediums.
3) Art Prepares Kids for the future Creative, open-mindedpeople are highly desired in all career paths. Art and creative education increase the future quality of thelocal and global community. Being creative is a life long skill and can be usedin every day situations.
4) Art Teaches Problem Solving. Making art teaches thatthere is more than one solution to the same problem. Art Challenges our beliefsand encourages open-ended thinking that creates an environment of questionsrather than answers.
5) Art Supports Emotional Intelligence. Art supports theexpression of complex feelings that help kids feel better about themselves andhelps them understand others by “seeing” what they have expressed and created.Art supports personal meaning in life, discovering joy in one’s own self, oftenbeing surprised, and then eliciting it in others.
6) Art Builds Community. Art reaches across racialstereotypes, religious barriers, and socio-economical levels and prejudices.Seeing other culture’s creative expression allows everyone to be more connectedand less isolated – “see how we are all related.” Art creates a sense ofbelonging.
7) Art Improves Holistic Health. Art builds self-esteem, increases motivation andstudent attendance, improves grades and communications, nurtures teamwork, andstrengthens our relationship to the environment.
8) Art is Big Business. At the core of the multi-billiondollar film and video game industry areartists creating images and stories. Every commercial product is artistically designed, from chairs tocars, space stations to ipods. And a Picasso painting just sold for 106 milliondollars.
9) Art Awakens the Senses. Art opens the heart and mind topossibilities and fuel the imagination. Art is a process of learning to createourselves and experience the world in new ways Arts support the bigger pictureview of life: beauty, symbols, spirituality, storytelling, it also helps usstep out of time allowing one to be present in moment. Art keeps the magicalive.
10) Art is Eternal. Creativity and self-expression hasalways been essential to our humanity. Our earliest creative expressions wererecorded in petroglyphs, cave paintings and ancient sculptures. One of the first things kids do is draw, paint and use their imaginations to play.